Saturday, August 18, 2012

W-E-I-G-H-T

Yup I said it....weight.  It's an ongoing battle with me.  Since having 2 kids, I just have not taken the time to lose the weight I've wanted to and have let my body resume it's 'natural' mode.  Or should I say, 'stay at the weight it feels comfortable at.' Before I had my first kid, I was able to drop 45 lbs (through weight watchers) and was around 140.  I felt amazing, looked cute, wore cute clothes and was happy with my weight. Then I got pregnant and gained around 55 lbs.  Like many, I had the 'I don't care what I'm doing because I'm pregnant' attitude.  Well, it caught up with me.  By the time I got pregnant the 2nd time, I was 175.  There was no way I could let myself gain 55 lbs like I did the first time around.  The weight was maintained and only 23 lbs latched on.  (A miracle! (and struggle but worth it!))

Well, last Monday I took the plunge and signed up for weight watchers online.  It worked for me once, must work again right?  After signing up, friend requests were coming left and right offering support!  It was crazy!  It was like having your own cheering crowd...well I guess in a way, I do (besides my supportive hubby). Yesterday was weigh in day #1 (Friday is weigh in day for me- you can pick your day but I chose friday so I could enjoy the weekend, know what I mean?) and guess what....6.6 lbs gone!  Just like that!  HUGE weight loss week!  Talk about motivation! Now, I realize not every week will be like this, been there/done that, but 6.6 will definitely keep me focused for the next week!

Any other weight watcher fans out there?  Current or Lifetime?  What are some of your favorite recipes?

PS- Testimonies went well...some of us cried like a baby (not naming names hehe).  Chuck and I were pleased with how everything went and relieved to be done!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment