Monday, October 1, 2012

Life as we know it....

There have been a few huge things that have happened in our house the past month:

a) Chuck and I became members of our church West Cohasset Chapel (WCC).  On Sept 23rd 2012 we gave our personal testimonies to our congregation following service.  It was very moving to hear the testimonies and to see how our Father has touched all of us in different ways.  Our journey started last November when we began the 'basics' class.  We couldn't be happier to be part of WCC.

b) We now have a preschooler!  This little man was pretty excited to start his first day of preschool. 




He will be in school 2 days a week, Mon and Tues from 8-3. He was most excited about getting to ride the school bus, which he didn't actually get to ride until the 2nd week.  The bus will pick him up and drive him about 5 blocks (with his teacher on it) to his daycare providers house.  Even though he is only going a short distance, I had to think about it.  I guess it is every kids dream to ride the school bus.  It was sweet seeing him stand with his friends holding hands while waiting for the bus....  Yup, I left with tears.

Some of my favorite beauism...
  1.  "Just joking!  I was just teasing...."
  2. Wearing his little deer hat...cutest when it's on backwards.
  3. Sleeping in his undies, just like daddy.
  4. 'Oh Man!'
  5. Telling knock knock jokes.
  6. Star of the day at school on Sept 25th 2012.
  7. Funny faces and giggles
  8. Chocolate Milk!
  9. Mom are these on the right feet? 
  10. Mom, I think if I ate buddy he would taste like chicken on the grill!
  11. Climbing up mounts of dirt and saying nobody will catch me up here!
  12. Pum over here...(Doesn't say come very well)
  13. My feet are too sweaty to sleep with my slippers so I'll just cuddle them right up.
Beau recently saved and saved for his vtech camera and earned stickers for good behavior.  He also started swimming at the Y and AWANA at church.  He's learning so much already in his little 3 yr old brain.  He amazes me with the questions he comes up with: "There's only one God right mom?" "Did God make this or that?" He will sing "Jesus you are stronger, higher than any other...." not word for word of course but I love hearing his sweet voice singing and especially love hearing him come into Chloe's room to sing 'twinkle twinkle little star'.... or 'rock abye baby on the treetime...' (love that treetime...)

Beau is also becoming quite the big boy too.  He's feet are a size 11 and he wears a size 5 in jeans/pants and shirts.  I can't believe our boy is getting this big already. 

He's all boy, through and through.  He loves to ride his bike, play in the sandbox, ride his john deere, carry sticks, wear his rubber boats everywhere, get dirty, run, play super heros and play with swords.....yup that's my boy.  He even asked santa to bring him a work belt already.

c) Chloe now sits in a forward facing car seat!  This is a whole new world for her!  The first day I kept looking back at her in her big girl carseat and she was just a smiling away with her big brownies looking at me.  Recently I've been putting her hair in a little pony on the top of her head or to the side.  She really needs her hair cut but her little hair is so fine and thin and well, she's my baby and I don't want to cut it! 
She's a pro at pointing to what she wants and running and getting into everything or climbing...yes, she's a climber.  Worse then beau ever was.  Last week we lost a phone due to chloe throwing it so we were out of phones for a few days. She also loves to cover her baby with a blanket and make sure she's all snuggled in.  She has 2 of the same dolly because she loves it so much I had to get a 2nd one as a replacement when one is being washed.  She loves beau's trucks and climbing all over the kitchen chairs.  Don't set any drinks down on the end table and if you do, make sure you set them back far enough.  She grabs everything and our carpet has become very stained.  She doesn't like wearing socks or shoes and she only has 1 pair of shoes that fit her.  Well sort of.  Her right shoe constantly falls off.  As much as she doesn't like to wear her own shoes, she loves to wear other people's shoes and is constantly putting shoes on while walking around the house.  Usually only one at a time.  It's priceless. 
She's almost 15 months and can still get a way with some 12 mos clothing.  Her shoe is a size 4. She loves to giggle and snuggle up to her puppies when they are laying down.  She loves her daddy and says 'dada' when she wakes up in the morning.

This past week, Chloe was tested for allergies.  A rash appeared Labor Day weekend and we have not been able to get rid of it.  It's fadded some after taking her off of all dairy but there is still traces of a rash.  We will know the results this week and pray this is the answer.  Her iron was low so she's now on a vitamin 'fortified' with iron.  We'll see how that goes.





d) Chuck's been working on a huge job in Crane Lake.  He's been gone for going on 3 weeks.  When he is gone, oh how I miss him.  And appreciate him.  I feel so very blessed to have a man that helps me with the kids and with things around the house.  There is just something that is very comforting when your hubby is home too.  Just being in the same room as him...know what I mean?

e) As for me....I'm just trying to enjoy these days with my kids.  They amaze me everyday and I'm just enjoying the ups and downs of motherhood and all the memories that come with it.

Enjoy the ride, for this life is just a glimpse of what awaits us!

No comments:

Post a Comment